Monday, March 17, 2008

My Mimesis

My friend Bethany (who I miss dearly and who lives too far away!) tagged me with this meme (I looked this word up and it means, "a cultural idea that is transmitted by repetition.") Unfortunately, it has taken me several weeks to respond. (Sorry -- Spring Break!)

Here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. (http://bethcallister.blogspot.com/)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag at least three people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the fun begin!

Here are my six:
1. My life is incredibly exciting. And by exciting I mean predictable. Whenever I grab my keys and head for the garage Spencer asks me, "Are you going to Target or the gym?"

2. I love mountain bike riding. I am also very good at it. I am so good that I can often ride in circles for two hours and still not find the trail, Tyler, or the truck.

3. I love it when Bryce is so tired that he giggles when I put him to bed. (Tyler often does the same thing.)

4. I love banana cream pie. (But I rarely eat it, because then I just have to go to the gym again.)

5. I like beads. This is an interesting one because I was a real tomboy growing up (and by "real" I mean I had people ask me if I was a boy or a girl), and I'm not really a jewelry fan (I own one ring, and one pair of earrings.) But there is something about the size and texture and sparkle and merriment of glass beads that is mesmerizing to me. I can't explain it.

6. If I could have any job in the world I would like to be a National Geographic Photographer. I'd love to travel the world and I'd love to do it on someone else's dime. The picture below is a NG photo of the Irish headlands. Isn't it breathtaking?

Okay, that's plenty about me. I'd now like to tag: Tyler, my sister Cami, and my sister Gina.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Thank you, Kristen! And wow!! I want to go to Ireland!

Gina and Jon said...

I didnt know you were into Mt. biking, we should totally go next time we come visit that would be so fun. I also love your jewlery!

Abram said...

So if you could travel the world on someone else's dime, what would be the first place you would want to go?

Bethany said...

At least the gym adds a little diversity! Thanks for looking up "meme!"

DMom said...

You are the most interesting predictable person I know.