.
I have to say, I love babies. It's just having them that is a pain. In this regard, I was especially blessed this time because my mom was around to help. While I sat on the couch with the baby, she cleaned my house, mopped the floor, did all the laundry, organized my pantry, made dinner, and emptied all the garbages. When I needed a nap, she took the kids swimming or to the park. One time she even took them all to Target to pick out a toy for Grandma's house. (I think this was especially noble because I know what happens to my kids in the Target toy aisle. Suddenly the "I need this so bad! I think I will die without it" monster emerges and we rarely leave without someone in tears. It's not pretty.)
Now that I am feeling better and almost back to normal, my mom has gone back to her house and I am once again in charge of mine. Consequently, the laundry is piling up again, the floors could use another mopping, and I'm not sure what's happening for dinner tonight. I think I've been spoiled for too long...
Thanks Mom.
5 comments:
It's wonderful to have that kind of help. I'm glad that things are going well. Don't worry too much about the laundry or mopping - enjoy little April while you can!!
And I loved every minute of it! Although I have to say that I certainly slept well that week. Mom's work hard!!!
I love how grandma is holding Bryce's hands in his lap. Oh the joys--poor guy. It's so hard to give up the throne. I'm so glad you were spoiled. It's what you get for spoiling so many of us over the years.
Your children are so precious! I'm so glad you have your Mom close by. It seems the chores are nearly impossible to keep up with when a baby arrives. You have a wonderful Mom! Meeting her at your wedding is one of my favorite memories. Baby April is sure to have a noble life with so many great examples in her life!
I (like Bryce) have "mom" jealously. You are lucky to have her so close! Don't worry about the laundry, I have NO excuse for not doing mine.
Post a Comment