Friday, September 11, 2009

Being Bryce

Babies are a lot of work. They need to be fed and changed and loved and held and then usually, fed again. But as much time as April requires, she is not the child that is causing me the most stress currently.

It is the one who should be wearing these clothes
that is giving me grief.

Bryce's newest behavior is to take all of his clothes off, including diaper, which may or may not contain remains that then end up on the floor. This morning while I was feeding April, he took off all of his clothes while I shouted from across the room, "Bryce, leave your clothes on! Bryce, don't take off your clothes! Bryce, DON'T TAKE OFF YOUR DIAPER." As you can see, it was very effective.

He then dumped out all the packing peanuts that were in a gift box from a friend.

Then he smashed up the peanuts into small pieces.
Why? I don't know.

Then, while I was cleaning up the peanuts, he climbed up on the counter in my bathroom and began pulling fun items out of the drawers. (I have no idea how he gets on the counter, he must step on the drawer handles.)
.
He gave himself a shave and got some floss.
.

After I got him dressed and sent him on his way, he snuck into the pantry and found the last of the chocolate cake. Yes, it was delicious. And now, it is all over the floor.


I think I know why I am chronically tired. And it isn't because I am up every morning at 2am to feed a baby. But really, how mad can you get at a face like that?

11 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Ah, good times, good times. It helps to be cute, doesn't it?

Papa said...

Bryce, you look a lot like a kid we know, who found his dad's candy a few weeks ago. How do you find the time to explore all you do? We love you and your mom's blogs. Kristen, you are doing a terrific job. Love, Grandpa

Papa said...

April, you look beautiful.

Michelle S. said...

Thanks for sharing Bryce's adventures! I hope you get a nap this weekend.

DMom said...

Every mother needs a Bryce lest she over-congratulate herself. I had several and will leave you to determine who they were.

Sarah said...

You look very busy, Kristen! I'm glad April is being a sweet little baby, while you deal with destructo boy. The adjustment period seems more accentuated for the former baby of the family, no matter what age they are.

Clint C. said...

Mom, look at me, look at me! Mom, you'd better look at me! All those textures and tastes he's discovering. What an education he's getting!
I hate yelling across rooms, unfortunately, nursing often leaves you no choice!

Bethany said...

Holy smokes. I remember those days. And no doubt will enjoy -- I mean experience -- them yet again.

Gina and Jon said...

I love it! Bryce is just a hoot, it's true you really can't be mad at a kid with a face like that!
April is a doll by the way!

Gina and Jon said...

I love it! Bryce is just a hoot, it's true you really can't be mad at a kid with a face like that!
April is a doll by the way!

Wendy said...

I love your blog . . . and am terrified for my future. I am also glad to know Sam isn't the only one running around without clothes on lately. I'm always so impressed at your ability to photograph the mayhem. Thanks for sharing your adorable pictures!