.
We brought the fish home, set up the small tank, and proceeded to feed it somewhat frequently. Everyday after school Spencer would run in and check on his fish. "Nope, not dead yet!" he would proudly announce. This went on for a few days and then a few weeks. We began to call the fish Wesley. "Good night Wesley, good work today. You will most likely be dead in the morning."But Wesley refused to die. Soon, Spencer's cheerful after school announcement turned into a somewhat annoyed: "When is this fish going to die?" or the more macabre: "Die fish die!" But Wesley hung on. He got through Halloween. He survived Thanksgiving. We are now heading into our fourth month with a very tenacious goldfish that may even require a Christmas present (more food).
So, true to his word, Spencer's faith kept Wesley alive long enough to annoy us all. Good work boy.
5 comments:
Hey, we tried to help Wesley into the next world by forgetting to feed him the entire time I was there but he is a survivor!
Hmmm. I recall a certain goldfish of Tyler's ("Goldie" perhaps?) That lived for YEARS! I didn't know then how rare that was, but perhaps the miracle is about to be repeated. Good luck!
I won two fair fish that were promised to die within days and "Calico" and "Goldie" lived for 8 1/2 and 9 years respectively. Good luck.
We have a beta who's going on 4 years (avg life expectancy 3 years) and I'm counting days. We've all recently said our goodbyes (he's starting to look more dead than alive), but because he survived for 2 weeks with nobody feeding him (we were gone on vacation), I'm thinking he may be stronger than I'd like.
You must 'accidentally' feed him too much food. That is the only humane way to kill a fish, otherwise its just called murder!!
Post a Comment