Monday, September 24, 2007

Pareidolia

Every so often, someone will see the form of the Virgin Mary in their mashed potatoes or the profile of Jay Leno in their peeling wallpaper. This is called Pareidolia. Well, this morning we had our own version of pareidolia (say that three times fast) over breakfast.


At some point while I was preparing lunches and Spencer was enjoying his bowl of Cap'n Crunch, he suddenly shouted, "I see Mickey Mouse!"
.
"You see Mickey Mouse, where?" I asked, looking around the kitchen.

"Right here!" He pointed to the counter.

Well, I have to say, as far as images in milk doplets go, it was certainly Mickey Mouse-esque. We took a photo for posterity and blogging purposes.
.
And also, to give you a little boost of faith.

6 comments:

Gina and Jon said...

Could Spencer get any cuter??

Tylershark said...

I think I see Mickey Mouse on his rash guard as well.

Jennifer B. said...

I'm converted!

Anonymous said...

One time I saw myself in a large body of water, It was actual size too!!!

Jessica said...

See...Mickey Mouse appeared to the only one in the house ready to see it...

DMom said...

Where in the world did you find the word?
Does seeing money that isn't really there count?