Friday, October 24, 2008

6 Quirks

I am not good with tags. I have been tagged several times for several reasons, and by the time I actually get around to posting anything, it seems the tag is no longer relevant. However, in an attempt to keep my blog not boring, I am following up with my sister Hillary's tag to post six quirks about myself. (And just so you know, it took me a long time to come up with -- I mean narrow down to -- just six.)

1. I don’t like chocolate.

2. I do like Tyler.

3. I don't like to read anything that is currently popular.
(I ignored Harry Potter, refused the Work & Glory series, and won't even crack open a Twilight novel.)
.
4. I took Bryce visiting teaching in his pajamas this morning. I only had time to get one of us dressed, and I reasoned it should be me. (Besides, didn’t you know that footed pajamas are all the rage currently?)
.

5. I secretly try to hide vegetables in my family’s dinner. They know this and they hate it. (Last night I steamed a whole package of frozen vegetables, pureed it, and added it to the pasta sauce.)
.

6. Sometimes, when I have a chore or task that is hanging over my head, I will write a poem about it rather than actually do it. For example, take this simple haiku:
My young one is dear
His eyes are bright, his smile sweet
But his rear, it stinks

10 comments:

DMom said...

Tyler is a quirk?
It's after midnight and you have given me a much needed laugh after working for FOUR HOURS on a stupid CMap that is only 1/10 done - and all for a 2 credit class!!! Now, I feel much better.
Goodnight

Gina and Jon said...

How did I not know you didn't like chocolate? I have to say that the Harry Potter books and the Twilight are a good read you should give in!

Sarah said...

You probably wouldn't look as cute as Bryce in footed PJs, so good choice!

Michelle S. said...

You are one in a million! Thanks for the post.

three dogs and a logan couple said...

I agree with you on the fad books. I started Harry Potter but after the first movie came out I gave it up. I refuse to read Twilight and still haven't gone near The Work And The Glory.

What about white chocolate?

Anonymous said...

Is that baby snot on Tyler's right lapel? I think it is...

Kristen said...

What?! Clint, that's gross -- it most certainly is not baby snot! It's probably a light dusting of powdered sugar from the eclairs (we were at a wedding). Or maybe it's Spring pollen. Or, most likely, it's a smudge on YOUR computer monitor.

Okay, it's baby snot. But how can you not just love a man who smiles like that at the camera with snail trails all over his suit? It just makes him all the more endearing.

Jessica said...

We have two quirks in common...you can probably guess which

Camari said...

So you probably won't like that Christmas present I already bought you...

Jennifer B. said...

I loved this entire post, but I confess that your haiku really got me.

Publish!