Thursday, October 2, 2008

Piano Virtuoso(s)


Bryce is sure he is the next great composer.
Anytime anyone begins their piano lesson,
he climbs right up on the bench to help.

And, since of course, louder is better, he pounds
on the keys with Beethovian ferocity.
(Carter, as you can see, has learned to tune this out --
also a Beethovian quality.)

"Wait, here comes the good part..."

"Oh, I love the scales in this Sonata."

"Stop taking pictures woman,
you are disturbing my concentration!"


10 comments:

Tylershark said...

There's hope. Maybe one of our kids will actually enjoy taking lessons.

DMom said...

Bryce can always make me laugh. I need to come over.

Wendy said...

When did Bryce turn into a toddler? He is so adorable!

Unknown said...

Bryce is a rockstar in training.

Bethany said...

It is so good for kids to have siblings! Thanks again for the fabulous weekend -- it was so good to see you!

Clark said...

Wow. Bryce looks older. He is a stud. Carter looks like he is really enjoying the piano. My mom told me I would some day regret quitting piano lessons. I am still waiting for that day to come.

Jennifer B. said...

Love it! Your pictures and captions are priceless.

ohiolanges said...

Kristen,
Thank you for commenting on my blog. I was so excited to see a picture of you on Beth's blog. Your family is beautiful.

I am so happy to know where you guys are. I'd love to have your address. I also see that you know where the Thompsons are. If you have their email - I'd love to get that too. . . My email is anne_lange@yahoo.com

Sarah said...

Very cute! Does Carter always practice on that piano? What happened to the grand? If he likes this one better, you could always send me the grand. :-)

PS - I emailed Anne and gave her my info. I'm glad we're all getting reconnected.

Clint C. said...

Kristen you crack me up. So lucky for Bryce that he has a Mother who can interpret for him!