Today is Sunday. I should be showering, or reviewing my lesson, or making my bed, or cleaning up breakfast. But this morning I have to spend this precious, pre-church hour to address a horrifying accusation by my dear husband: my blog is boring.
It is true, my blog frequency has dropped dramatically from ten+ posts a month to maybe two. But, there are several reasons for this:
#1: I have a life. Between school, preschool, homework, grocery shopping, cleaning, church stuff, PTA stuff, piano practice, scouts, activity days and gymnastics, I am a bit tapped out.
#2: He blogs about all the fun stuff before I get to it. I figure none of you want to tune in for a "take two" post.
#3: I'm lazy. In order to write an effective post, I have to be witty, insightful, succinct, precise and motivated. In general, I am none of these things.
It is true, my blog frequency has dropped dramatically from ten+ posts a month to maybe two. But, there are several reasons for this:
#1: I have a life. Between school, preschool, homework, grocery shopping, cleaning, church stuff, PTA stuff, piano practice, scouts, activity days and gymnastics, I am a bit tapped out.
#2: He blogs about all the fun stuff before I get to it. I figure none of you want to tune in for a "take two" post.
#3: I'm lazy. In order to write an effective post, I have to be witty, insightful, succinct, precise and motivated. In general, I am none of these things.
#4: Whenever I get on the computer for even a moment, children with needs come out of nowhere. It's like being on the phone or talking to a friend at the door. My children have an extra, "Mom is enjoying herself" sense that brings them out of the woodwork with the most obscure needs that require immediate attention. I could scrub windows for an hour and no one would interrupt me.
#5: When I get on the computer with the intent to blog, I often find myself sidetracked by news sites, beading sites, recommended reading sites, good recipe sites, and other engaging subjects that tend to usurp all my allocated blogging time.
#6: All of these are excuses.
I suppose rather than address this accusation directly, the best way to disprove it would be to actually post something interesting. So here are some pictures of a few of the cool things I did this past season.
.
Here is me participating in a wakeboard contest at Lake Powell this summer. Don't I look toned?
Here is me skydiving out of a chartered plane over Las Vegas. (Jumping Elvises not pictured.)
Here is an upclose photo I took of a charging bull when I ran with the bulls in July in Pamplona, Spain.
Here is me climbing up the Second Step with the aid of my team in our Everest bid this last May..
See, I am not just a boring housewife. I do lots of physically challenging, endurance demanding, sanity questioning, death-defying feats that routinely bring me to the edge of reality and back again.
.
Or at least it feels like it.
9 comments:
You didn't post that picture I took of you getting stitches in your rear end after the goring incident in Pamplona by that Spanish doctor who looked like Antonio Banderas. Good times.
Mmmmmm....
Antonio Banderas.
Kristen, you are hilarious and I am never bored when I read your blog.
You know, bloggers who are less-than-prolific actually do people a service. Since I can't keep up with writing or reading them on a daily basis (or even a weekly basis sometimes) I appreciate someone who is considerate enough to limit their posts, but make each one worth reading.
Way to go!
This post completely disproves point #3 - you are an engaging writer, and I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Sometimes, fewer posts make for better content anyway. Antonio Banderas, huh?
We are supposed to blog more than twice a year??? I am doing it more than Amber and that is enough for me.
PS - my blog is like my papers lately, I don't give a hang if they are boring.
I would agree with Sarah your posts are totally engaging just not always frequent. I love reading your stuff cause it's so witty way better then mine I just say this is what we did yahoo!
You look hot in your wake boarding suit!
If you'd have stopped with the skydiving I'd have bought off on it. (I completely accepted the wakeboarding.) But you're just way too responsible to do the bull thing.
You climbed Mt. Everest?!? That's awesome!!
Post a Comment