Thursday, February 5, 2009

We Have A Heartbeat!

I went to the doctor today for my first OB appointment. We heard a heartbeat - which is always a relief.

But the FNP said I was measuring several weeks larger than my dates indicated. So she recommended we do an impromptu ultrasound with a small, portable device they have in the office -- just to "check for multiples." So, for those few precious moments while they went to retrieve the machine, I got to indulge my twins fantasy (Tyler's twins fantasy, however, is something completely different).

The ultrasound revealed one perfect fetus and one very full bladder. No twins! But I am thrilled all the same. I'm also happy to be feeling a little bit better. I'm not 100% yet, but I can now do laundry and drive -- always helpful!

10 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

So glad for your good news!

Michelle said...

Yeah, congrats! That's exciting!

Papa said...

Dear Kristen, Good news is always welcome. So glad you are feeling a little bit better. Love Gary and Mary

Sarah said...

I'm glad that all is going well. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I must be getting more mature. I seem to be able to resist the almost-overwhelming urge to comment on the "twins fantasy".

On the other hand, maturity is boring.

Camari said...

Congratulations! That sounds very exciting. I'm happy to know that at last you are feeling better. Love you.

Bethany said...

Good news -- I'm glad!!!

DMom said...

Nothing can compare! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Heath said...

Yeah! Don't you just love the little heartbeat, so reassuring. And, Tyler's twin fantasy??.........that's OK, I don't want to know :)

Zack said...

Congrats, Kristen! What's the current due date?