Thursday, July 1, 2010

New post

Well, it's official: my blogging has achieved "guilt" status. It is now a part of the ritualistic self-bludgeoning that I do each night as I lay in bed and rehearse my list of daily failures, "I should read more with Chelsea... I shouldn't have snapped at Spencer... I forgot to take my calcium... I never got around to sweeping the front steps... I need to blog more..."
.
As you know, blogging is one more thing that every good Mormon wife should be doing. And it definitely ranks right up there with calcium. So today, I am attempting double duty: I am not only going to blog (hence this rambling) but, I ALSO went and got my eyebrows waxed which is a big plus for me because I was starting to look like sasquatch.

The following is a list (some with photos) of a few things we have done since April 6. I swear we've done more than this, but if an event isn't photographed it quickly slips from my memory into the nebulous oblivion of "did I do that or did I just read about it in a Stephenie Meyer novel?"

Here are a few of the things that I am sure happened:

Bryce turned three on June 1st.
And of course, he got some clothes.
Because there is nothing he likes more
than changing his clothes.
Here he is blowing out his candles
(and wearing his new shirt).

*****

Spencer caught a fish.
But there is a story behind this fish.
(No, really, it's an interesting fish story, I promise...)
Do you see the size of this fish?
Do you see the size of this bottle?
Carter and Spencer went "fishing" (i.e. some string & some cheese & some boyish enthusiasm) at the small pond here in our park where they caught several ugly fish. Carter needed to gut a fish to complete his fishing merit badge, so he brought his fish home in a bag. Spencer wanted to keep his fish, so Carter shoved it down into the very narrow opening of this powerade bottle.

The fish only lived for about 20 minutes.
Carter told Spencer it died due to a lack of oxygen.
But the coroner ruled it blunt force trauma.

*****

April ate something
I'm not sure why I took this picture or what she was eating, 
but apparently at the time it seemed relevant.
****

We went hiking with Jon and Gina.
Oh, and Cookie came too.
You just can't see her because she likes to go her own way!
She's really on Jon's back, see her little arm?

****

And, as I am sure many of you are aware,
Carter got new basketball shoes.
He worked long and hard for these shoes.
(Not quite as long as Jacob worked for Rachel, but it seemed that long!)
They are of course, signed by Kobe Bryant, which enhances their value in the eyes of some, and decreases their value of eyes of most.

But, a special thanks goes out to uncle Jon who finagled the sales price on these "no longer on sale" shoes. If you want the full story, you'll have to ask Jon or Carter. It's a pretty good one. 
(But not quite as good as the fish story.)

8 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

I love your updates!

three dogs and a logan couple said...

I'm pretty sure you mean, "Not quite as long as Jacob worked for Bella."

Clint C. said...

April is developing some lethal cuteness issues.
I'm on the case to get the deep back story about Carters shoes...

DMom said...

The fish story gave me an instant headache. I don't know if it was sympathetic pain or from laughing so hard. What a hoot!

Kristen said...

The backstory on Carter's shoes really is a Rachel/Leah tale. He saw the shoes on sale and worked extra hard for them. But then, when he actually went to buy the shoes, they were no longer on sale. A $25 difference! So he had to go home and earn MORE money. Then Uncle Jon, "Mr. Master Negotiator," came into town and sweet talked the store manager into selling the shoes to his poor nephew for the sale price; saving Carter $25 and getting the shoes. Sah-weet!

Camari said...

Happy Birthday Bryce!
Poor ugly fish.
Looks like birthday cake. YUM!!
I wonder if they make those baby carriers for adults too?!
Go Uncle Jon. I would have LOVED to hear that conversation!!

Clint C. said...

Wait a minute. I just reread this blog and saw that Bryce turned THREE! Don't you mean ONE or at least TWO? How did that happen?!? It's time for us to move back West. We are really missing out.

Bethany said...

LOVE the fish in the bottle -- hilarious! And what a great guy Uncle Jon is.

It was great to see you -- thanks again for putting us up so last minute!!