Friday, August 3, 2007

Beach Boys

Last night we went to the Beach Boys concert at Tuacahn.

I think Tyler and I were the youngest ones there. I spent the 20 minutes before the concert thinking of alternate band names, like: "Geriatrics Unite!" or "The Grateful [we're not] Dead," "Lipitor Lovers" or even, "The Osteoarthritic Band."

Although there was no mosh pit or crowd surfing, it really was fun. I've never been a big fan of the Beach Boys, not that I dislike them, just that given the choice, I'd probably listen to something else. But I'd have to say I was converted. It was nice to sit in a clean, outdoor theater and listen to upbeat, non-offensive music. I didn't worry once about the lyrics, or what the people sitting next to me were doing (on one side: 6-month old with parents, on other side: family with four kids, everywhere else: retirees). At one point we all raised our lit cel phones and there were even beach balls hit around the crowd for a few minutes. (I tell ya-- we know how to party).

It was a fun date. Thanks for the good idea, Tyler!

5 comments:

DMom said...

You should have dropped the baby off - I was almost on the way.

Jessica said...

How could you just now become a convert to the Beach Boys!! I have seen them several times, most notably in Washington DC on the 4th of July with Pres. Reagan and one million other people. Ike and I have had a Beach Boys/Beatles debate since before we were married. I'm glad you love them now!! Good job Tyler.

Jennifer B. said...

Ah, the beach boys. Good clean fun. (Although I did like the "Grateful (we're not) Dead" name. Clever.

Michelle S. said...

Did you have a date on a Thursday night? You are living the good life. The Beach Boys concert looked like a lot of fun.

Gina and Jon said...

Looks like they put on a pretty good show!!