Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Books!

Today April is officially 6 months old.

To celebrate, we had some special Mommy/Me time. While Bryce was asleep and Spencer was at a friend's house, we sat together and read books.


She loves "Click, Clack, Moo" because duck is hilarious.
Ian Falconer's "Olivia" is the pig-de-resistance.
And "Stripes" by David Shannon is very colorful.
.
I sat with her in my lap, and we discussed the
negotiating pitfalls of Farmer Brown, the merits of
believing in yourself, and the virtues of lima beans.

It was such a quiet, non-destructive moment.

8 comments:

DMom said...

Quiet and non-destructive, hmmm. Is that the antithesis of anyone we both know?

DMom said...

PS - your "quiet time" tugged at my heart. I miss those baby days.

Anonymous said...

What is this "quiet, non-destructive moment" of which you speak? I've never heard of such a thing.

Jennifer B. said...

What a treasure. Hope you have lots more moments like that!

Camari said...

What a sweetheart! We wanna come up for Mom's graduation. I hope to meet her then.

Clint C. said...

I got to get me one of those female offspring!

Sarah said...

I'm impressed that you're reading to your 5th baby when she's only 6 months old. Nicholas is finally starting to get some reading time, and I've really enjoyed it.

Gina and Jon said...

Can't believe she is already six months, how fun! She is such a cutie