Monday, July 30, 2007

At Grandma Evelyn's

We took a partial-family vacation this last week. (Tyler had to work.) The kids and I went with my parents to Grandma Evelyn's for Grandpa's 80th birthday party. When we got there, Carter looked around and asked, "Is this Evelyn's garden?" (He's never been there before.) I said, "Yes!" It was somewhat surreal to take my children to a place that is synonymous with my childhood. They saw Grandpa Vardis's root cellar that he dug out of the ground. They played in the golden delicious apple tree (that I swear used to be much taller), walked through the grape vines, swung in the tree swing, and watched Grandpa irrigate the lawn. It was fun for them and very nostalgic for me.

Here is a picture of us by the tree swing.

We had fun at the reunion.
It was in Grandma Evelyn's yard.

A camera duel with Uncle Richard.
There were several camera duels over the weekend.
We have lots of pictures of people taking pictures of people.

Some of the cook cousins in Grandma's apple tree.


7 comments:

Tylershark said...

Those pictures look so much more fun than work. I don't want to miss the next party.

Anonymous said...

The camera duel was fun.

Gina and Jon said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time, we were sad not to be there, but hopefully next year! Bryce is looking so big in those pictures!

Jennifer B. said...

You are all so good looking! Incredibly photogenic.

Jennifer B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DMom said...

Wasn't the whole thing fun! I had a great time with you, your family, and everyone else.

Suzanne said...

It's always special to share something from your childhood with your kids. Bethany likes to ask me if they had such and such in "the olden days," referring to my childhood.