Tonight we had the kids unload the dishwasher after dinner.Carter said, "Why do we have to do this job?"
Tyler answered, "Because you are the house elves, that's why we had you. Ha, ha, ha!"
Carter responded, "Well, at least I won't have to be the house elf forever. When I grow up I'll just get a wife."
Hmmm... I suspect my boys need some more good 'husband-in-training' exercises, like scrubbing toilets, unloading the dishwasher, sweeping the floor, and other Dobby duties. And from now on, no more free socks.
2 comments:
About two years ago, we had my cousin and her new husband over for dinner. Mike, the new husband, got up from the table to go serve himself some more food from the stovetop. Brick chimed in with, "Uncle Mac (that's what the call him) we don't get the food, we just tell Mom and she gets the food." Ike sank into the chair a little bit, Mike proclaimed him his hero and I re-evaluated...
We think that we have progressed so far in the area of mutual respect and value and then the honesty of youth proclaims how far we have to go.
Post a Comment