Saturday, October 13, 2007

The poor man's zoo

I took Spencer's preschool group to a local pet store last week for a field trip. As another mother in the group said, "It's the poor man's zoo!"
.
I asked each child to choose their favorite animal.
Spencer chose this snake.
.
And also, Nemo and Dory!

OOOO! And some turtles!

Oh, and this puppy!
"He loves me mom!"

This yellow fellow was "way cool!"
.

But maybe that's because he matched Bryce.

These posing lizards were also a hit.

Ultimately, there was no one favorite.
As Spencer put it when we were leaving the store,
"They are all favorites! Let's buy all them!"

Uh oh, perhaps I need to re-explain the concept of
"poor man's zoo."


6 comments:

Tylershark said...

Thanks for not buying all of them. My house already seems like a zoo at times. Four monkeys is enough.

Jessica said...

Spencer, will you please come hang out with me? I need a three year old to spend the afternoons with for all my pet shop needs, and to interpret milk drops for me, and to fall asleep in random places. You seem like a cool guy and I can't ever figure out my favorite animal either...although we did go to the Prescott Zoo today and I'm leaning toward the lemur.

Jennifer B. said...

How fun! I loved them all too.

Michelle S. said...

Bryce looks so good in yellow. Spencer, you have a very nice haircut. Was it only a week ago we were limping around your house? I think your favorite animal should be a mouse. Mickey Mouse.

Gina and Jon said...

Now that is my kind of animal the one that stays in the cage at the store and we can just visit it now and then!

DMom said...

Reminds me of when we went to the pet store in Sandy. That was fun!