Friday, April 13, 2007

I got new bike!

My son is thrilled with his new bike. Actually, "bike" is a generous term -- it is really a small tricycle with plastic wheels. And "new" is somewhat relative, because it is now April and he got it for Christmas. But either way, he excitedly tells everyone we meet: my obstetrician, the checker at the grocery store, our neighbors, Grandma & Grandpa (who were there on Christmas), and even my daughter's elementary school teacher, "I got new bike!"
If you are lucky enough to be at our home when this exciting announcement is made, you will probably then be invited to view him riding said bike around (and around and around) our driveway. It's hard not to love such a fine piece of equipment -- it has everything a little boy needs: red handlebars with streamers, a cushy blue seat, and even a handy basket on the back to carry balls, rocks and other valuables. It is thrilling indeed, and my husband and I consider ourselves pretty lucky that a last-minute Christmas purchase is still so exciting at Easter. How often does that happen?

3 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Just discovered your blog--I am so excited! I loved reading your posts. From the candy crinkling, to the peas in the Ramen (that's right Mama!), to curiousity beating out competition . . .wonderful! Looking forward to more.

The Nelsons said...

Spencer is the best thing ever. I laugh when I think about the things he says. Tell him his cousin Clark says hello.

Kristen said...

Jen & Clark,

Thanks for reading! I've discovered blogging can be quite addictive. I enjoy checking your posts too.

-Kristen