Monday, April 16, 2007

Two of a Kind

Tyler and Carter can be a dangerous pair. On one hand, they are two of the most courteous and respectful men around. On the other, neither one can pass up the opportunity for a good joke. Put the two of them together on a Sunday night at a stake musical fireside with a touch of boredom and you have the peanut gallery. The meeting started at 7pm, so I stayed home to put Spencer and Chelsea to bed, while Tyler and Carter went to the fireside unsupervised.

The report I got includes the following: At some point after singing several hymns, including "Come to Zion" and "If you could hie to Kolob," Carter turned to Tyler and said, "How many national parks are we going to sing about?" Tyler laughed and said, "How many are there?" Carter continued, "Maybe we should write a new hymn when we get back from our trip. We should call it, 'If you can hike to Kolob.'" (They are planning a trip to Kolob Arch this weekend.) I'll leave it up to you to imagine all the proposed "There is no end to..." references that followed.

I'm sure the disruptive comments continued, but I am getting all of this second hand, so certainly some things have been omitted. Needless to say, the two are funny, and, we do sing a lot about national parks.

8 comments:

Clark said...

haha. sounds like a dialog i've heard on the simpsons while homer and bart are bored in church. love it.

Clark said...

sorry to reference the simpsons on your blog... i have a feeling your not a fan.

Jennifer B. said...

What a pair!

Kristen said...

Not a Simpsons fan? I think we've seen every episode there is. Homer and Bart are a perfect comparison.

Michelle S. said...

I'm inspired to plan a "sisters in Zion" weekend.

Jennifer B. said...

Funny Michelle--you are too clever!
Seriously though, that sounds fun--count me in!

Kristen said...

I have an idea. Let's plan a "As sisters by Zion" vacation. That way, we can spend the day in Zion and the night in warm, comfy beds at my house!

Michelle S. said...

Even better!