Sunday, May 6, 2007

Carter's Piano Recital

Carter's Piano Recital was on Saturday, May 5, 2007.
He played the theme from Star Wars,
and a piece from Haydn's Symphony.
Aside from a complete lack of facial expression, he did very well.

This is a picture of all the recital participants. His teacher is in red on the far left side. Carter is the one on the far right side with the enthusiastic grin. I asked him afterwards how he felt about the experience. He said, "I was hot, and I hate my suit, and I had to listen to everyone else play for what seemed like forever, so I just kept thinking about how Dad had promised that afterward he'd take me to get a big, cold, shake." Isn't it wonderful how ice cream can make almost anything tolerable?

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

What a trooper! Maybe if I had the promise of a shake I could get myself out of this chair and finish the dishes.

Wendy said...

Carter you can play Piano AND win pine wood derbys?! What can't you do? :)