Grandma and Grandpa Cook came over tonight to ring in the Memorial Day weekend. We played Skipbo (winners: Chelsea, game 1; Grandma, game 2), had some lasagna and read stories together. It was fun for me to sit and watch Grandpa read with Spencer. Spencer has a very specific way you must read each story and if you get it wrong he will say, "No, shhhh. Let me show you." Then he will point out the pictures and "read" some memorized words. Grandpa was "shhhed" several times. He did great though, and it was a blog-worthy moment.
Carter was not thrilled to have his picture taken. Apparently, it is no longer "cool"
to appear on Mom's blogs, so he asked, "Are you going to blog this?" I said, "Maybe."
He said, "Well, I don't want my pictures on the blog." I said, "Tough. Now smile."
We told him a joke to get him to smile but then he resisted with the old hide-behind-the-pirate-book routine. Sorry, Carter, but you just don't get out of being pictured when you are so handsome!
He said, "Well, I don't want my pictures on the blog." I said, "Tough. Now smile."
We told him a joke to get him to smile but then he resisted with the old hide-behind-the-pirate-book routine. Sorry, Carter, but you just don't get out of being pictured when you are so handsome!
Carter trivia:
Did you know Carter has the same birthday as Orlando Bloom?
That's right: January 13 (1998 & 1977 respectively).
He also shares a birthday with Patrick Dempsey
(a.k.a. Dr. McDreamy)
I guess it's just a good-looking date!
Did you know Carter has the same birthday as Orlando Bloom?
That's right: January 13 (1998 & 1977 respectively).
He also shares a birthday with Patrick Dempsey
(a.k.a. Dr. McDreamy)
I guess it's just a good-looking date!
2 comments:
Dad got a kick out of reading with Spencer. I think he tormented him a bit, though. Spencer seemed to take it all in stride.
Mom
Interesting how similar Spencer and Jonathan can be!!
Post a Comment