Friday, May 18, 2007

Dad's BBQ

Tyler had a short day at work yesterday -- a relatively unusual event. But I had a rather long day -- an unfortunately very usual event. By mid-afternoon my reserves had run out and I was moody. And not just a little bit moody -- no, the kind where it's just better that I don't speak to anyone. So, about 4pm, after several failed attempts at patience and civility, I finally said, "I think I'm going to go lie down for a little bit." Tyler responded, "That sounds great!"

Well, it was great. While I napped, Tyler played baseball with the kids (and half the neighborhood) in the front yard. Then, they decided to have a BBQ, so he took them to the store for all the necessary ingredients (hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and Henry Weinhards root beer -- a BBQ must!) They came home, cleaned up the kitchen, mixed and shaped patties and turned on the grill. I awoke to the delicious smell of backyard BBQ and decided I was ready to rejoin the living -- in a much better mood.

All I can say is nothing fixes a sour day quite like a nap, some baseball, a BBQ, and especially, a kind and thoughtful husband.

1 comment:

DMom said...

You and I are married to very good men. Aren't we blessed!!