I certainly take all three to the store during the school year as well -- just not mid-afternoon when everyone is hungry.
At one point Carter asked, "Can we all get a donut?" I said, "Maybe, if you stay with me for the rest of the trip." It was a deal and they did much better from then on. Spencer chose the donut with chocolate and sprinkles and gummy worms, which he proceeded to eat right off the top. He said, "This is good. I like these worms!" I am glad he enjoyed it, but in the future I hope he can distinguish gummy worms from regular worms...
Ultimately the trip was a success and I only had to do minimal editing at the checkout. Although somehow we ended up with four different packages of gum. Apparently when I choose a flavor that means everyone else gets to as well. Hmm. It may be a long summer of evening shopping -- when Dad can either tend or come with. Although, come to think of it, he tends to accept/encourage the selection of random packages...
"Dad can we get pop tarts?" Sure!
"Granola bars?" Great!
"Sugar cereal?" Throw it in!
"Granola bars?" Great!
"Sugar cereal?" Throw it in!
I think I may have discovered the source of my problem.
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I do not do any serious shopping with children in tow. They accompany me only when I have light errands and even then it is a pretty rare occurance. Next time I have a rough trip, I'll be the one getting a doughnut--with sprinkles, please.
This brings back memories.
Why does Spencer's doughnut look good to me???
Post a Comment